Please note that due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 situation, our schedule and class structure will be determined on a monthly basis and subject to change. This will give us the necessary flexibility to operate with the safety and health of our students and faculty as our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding.
2020 – 2021
PREMIER DANCE SEASON
Welcome to the 2020 – 2021 Dance Season.
As always, we are offering a 9-month dance program September through May, including a full-range of classes in ballet, character dance, jazz, hip-hop, and modern.
While we will maintain the same high-quality level of instruction, we are taking every precaution to keep our students and faculty as safe as possible. For this reason, we will begin the fall season with Zoom only classes. At the end of September, our mode of instruction will be re-assessed. The decision to ease into in-person classes will depend on the COVID-19 situation continuing to remain stable in CT and on the experience of schools, dance programs and other recreational activities that are resuming in-person instruction in August/September. When we do resume in-person classes, every family will have the option of continuing to join classes virtually.
We hope you will join us this season to keep the program going and to continue dancing together through these challenging times.
HOW TO ENROLL
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
View our online class schedule below, choose the class(es) you want, and submit your registration form onlineREGISTER NOW
FOR ZOOM CLASSES
Download Zoom for your tablet or computer before your first class. We recommend creating a free Zoom account. You will receive an email with a direct link to join your class. This link will be password protected and valid for the entire month.DOWNLOAD ZOOM
FOR IN-PERSON CLASSES
Check safety protocols, dress code, and other details below. Once we are ready to resume in-person classes, we will post an announcement on our homepage, so please check back soon.
Our Fall semester will begin on September 12, 2020.
5:00 – 5:40 PM Pre-Ballet (Ages 5-6)
5:45 – 6:30 PM Ballet – A (Ages 7-8)
6:30 – 7:30 PM Ballet/Conditioning – C (Ages 10-13)
7:30 – 8:45 PM Ballet – D (Teens/Adults)
TUESDAY – all classes taught by Sydney Hitchell
5:00 – 5:45 PM Jazz / Hip-Hop 1 (Ages 5-8)
5:45 – 6:30 PM Jazz / Hip-Hop 2 (Ages 9-12)
6:30 – 7:15 PM Jazz / Hip-Hop 3 (Ages 13+)
7:15 – 8:00 PM Contemporary (Ages 13+)
4:45 – 5:30 PM Hip-Hop (Ages 9-12)
5:30 – 6:15 PM Ballet -B (Ages 9-12)
6:15 – 7:00 PM Broadway Jazz (Ages 9-12)
7:15 – 8:00 PM Broadway Jazz (Ages 13+)
FRIDAY – all classes taught by Alla Nikitina
4:15 – 5:30 PM Ballet/Character – C (Ages 10-13)
5:30 – 6:45 PM Ballet – D (Ages 14+)
6:45 – 8:00 PM Character Dance – D (Ages 14+)
SATURDAY – all classestaught by Zoe Allard
9:00 – 9:30 AM Princess Ballerinas (Ages 3-4) – with parent participation
9:30 – 10:10 AM Pre-Ballet (Ages 5-6)
10:15 – 11:00 AM Ballet- A (Ages 7-8)
11:00 – 11:45 AM Ballet- B (Ages 9-12)
12:00 – 12:45 PM Contemporary (Ages 9-12)
12:45 – 1:30 PM Contemporary / Modern 2 (Ages 13+)
Our 2020-2021 dance season will run from September to May and consist of 9 monthly sessions, 4 classes each. Tuition payments will be taken monthly by credit/debit cards only. Tuition will be charged to your card through auto-pay on the first day of each session.
A non-refundable fee of $25.00 per student or $40.00 per family with more than one student is required annually at the time of registration, regardless of when it occurs.
|Class||Cost per session (4 classes total)||Class length|
|Mommy and Me||$50.00/session||30 min|
|Pre-Ballet, Ballet –A,B
|Ballet C,D; Character D||$80.00/session||75 min|
** Tuition is subject to change
Two classes per week per student – 5% off of your monthly tuition
Three classes per week per student – 8% off of your monthly tuition
Four plus classes per week per student – 10% off of your monthly tuition
- It is the parents’ responsibility to keep the credit card information up-to-date. If there is an issue with the credit card on file we will attempt to contact you, but a late fee of $15.00 will incur if we are unable to process your card by the 7th day of the beginning of each session.
- There is a returned check fee of $30 per occurrence.
- Please note: students with overdue account balances will not be admitted to class or allowed to participate in any other School activities.
- Join your live ZOOM class: The ZOOM link for each class you are enrolled in is sent to you via email. If you do not see an email, please look in your spam or promotions folders and double check your class schedule. If you are still unable to locate the class link, have questions or need help, please text/call your teacher for further assistance. Your teacher’s phone number will be provided in you enrollment confirmation email.
- Please ensure that the email address and name on your registration form is accurate. This information will be used to let you into the class from the Zoom waiting room. This is a security feature to prevent those from entering the class without authorized access.
- Please log into Zoom 5 minutes early.
- What to wear: We encourage you to wear your typical dance clothes to maintain some normalcy during this time. But you’re welcome to wear anything that you would feel comfortable dancing in. Put on appropriate footwear (sneakers, socks, ballet slippers, jazz shoes or bare feet). You might have to adjust based on the flooring you are dancing on.
- Make room: All classes have been modified to accommodate a smaller space than the traditional dance studio, so clear a spot in your home big enough to give you space to move around. You can even consider moving outdoors if your technology and weather allow for this. Your teachers will be teaching in their homes as well, so it’ll be a learning process for everyone.
- Ballet classes: Find something to use as a barre, such as a wall, counter, or chair. If you wish to purchase a portable barre, one of our recommendations is Vita Vibe. You can do ballet on carpet or hardwood/laminate, just make sure you won’t kick anything.
Students may enter the program at any time during the season. For those registering after the start of any given session, tuition for that session will be prorated on a per-class basis.
You can cancel or pause your enrollment at any point in the season, and we do not charge any withdrawal fees. Please just provide us with written notice by e-mail before the start of a new session. Bear in mind, once you begin a session, tuition paid for that session is not refundable unless the withdrawal is due to serious, documented illness or injury.
No transfers, credits or cash refunds will be given for missed classes. Students who missed classes are still obligated to pay the full tuition for that session.
Insufficient class enrollment
The school reserves the right to cancel a scheduled class before the start of a new session because of insufficient enrollment. Substitute teachers The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made up.
Dance dress code
We strive to maintain a professional atmosphere for our students; therefore our dress code will be enforced at all levels in all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in termination of lessons. Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes worn on the street or outdoors, to any dance class. For safety reasons dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry. Long hair must be tied back. Please check a list of requirements on our Class Attire page of our web-site.
It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all School news, activities, calendar dates, performance and other important information. The School will post all such notices on our website and emails sent out. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check emails for the updates to ensure they are informed. IMPORTANT: We are paperless, so email is the primary source of communication to Studio families. Please add email@example.com to your address book in order to help ensure you receive these messages.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on School property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time and performances.
Student, South Windsor, CT.
If you come to Premier Dance School, it is a family. You learn more than dance, you learn about yourself and others.
Parent. West Hartford, CT.
Premier Dance is the best school I have ever been involved with, comparable to no other. Their commitment to excellence on every level is quite apparent, from the intensity of focus during classes, to the artistic direction and quality of performances. Bravo and thank you!
Parent. Farmington, CT.
I have never seen such creativity and excellence on stage on such an intimate, “boutique style” level of dance school for children. It is remarkable to witness the colorful, professional productions generated yearly at this school. What a great opportunity for those of us who appreciate the finest in dance education.
Parent. Hartford, CT.
They treat you like family at Premier Dance School. What a great blend of excellence combined with true interest in developing the talents of a child. Our daughter feels completely at home with her friends from the dance classes.
Student. Newington, CT.
What does Premier Dance mean to me? It means hard work, and sweat. It also means being creative and showing people what you can do. But most importantly Premier Dance means fun and seeing the smiling faces of parents and friends at the final performance. That is what Premier Dance means to me.
Keep Dancing Even At Home
All the staff at Premier Dance are here for you. Don’t wait to sign up to join us. Together we will stay active and keep your creativity going!REGISTER NOW