Registration FeeA non-refundable fee of $30 per student and $40.00 per family is required annually at time of registration.
- Plan A| monthly payments: Tuition is due in advance within the first week of each month. Statements will be mailed for overdue accounts only. September tuition is due at registration.
- Plan B | payments by semester: two installments, payable 1st installment at registration and 2nd installment by the 10th of January.
- Plan C | full payment: Full payment for the Academic Year is payable at the time of registration.
Premier Dance School does not have a billing service so we are relying on parents to pay tuition on time. After the 10th of the month, tuition payments are considered late and a $10.00 late fee will be added to your account. Students with overdue account balances will not be admitted to class or allowed to participate in the end of the year performances.
Costume & Recital Fees
Costume and Recital Fees are non-refundable, even if a student withdraws from the School.
Dance Class Attendance and Tardiness
Punctual and regular attendance is expected of all registered students. It is strongly recommended that students arrive early for class in order to dress and warm-up properly. Students have to maintain regular class attendance in order to progress effectively and to qualify for participation in performance activities at the school. Absences may put a student at risk for injury and negatively impact production rehearsals. We reserve the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class and suspend any student from performing in our productions due to excessive absences of classes and/or tardiness.
Withdrawal and Refunds
- We do not charge any withdrawal fees.
- Withdrawal from a class or the School must be made with 30-day advance written notice. Tuition for the month in which student had her/his last class will be charged in full ( For example: if your last class taken was on November 1st, you are still going to be charged for November in full).
- To cancel registration please email your withdrawal request to firstname.lastname@example.org, give your signed withdrawal form to your teacher or mail it to Premier Dance School, P.O.Box 271372, West Hartford, CT 06127.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for tuition payments and late fees until a withdrawal form/email is received by Premier Dance School staff, regardless of attendance. Simply not showing up to class does not cancel your child’s registration.
- Once we receive your withdrawal form/email, your account will be reconciled and you will be informed of the status of your account (ie. if there is a credit or negative balance, etc.)
- No transfers, credits or cash refunds will be given for missed classes. Students who missed classes are still obligated for the full tuition. However, classes missed due to illness may be made up within a two-week period of the absence. If we have alternative classes, students may schedule a make-up class with their teachers
Download Withdrawal Form
Premier Dance School reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the School cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up.
Dance Dress Code
We strive to maintain a professional atmosphere for our students; therefore our dress code will be enforced at all levels in all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in termination of lessons. Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes worn on the street or outdoors, to any dance class. For safety reasons dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry. Long hair must be tied back. Please check a list of requirements on our Class Attire page of our web-site.
Parent’s Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events
It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all news, activities, performance information, extra classes, dates Premier Dance School is open or closed etc. The School will post all such notices on the bulletin board as well as website and emails sent out. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check the board to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the School of any credit card numbers, credit card expiration dates, mailing address, email, or telephone number changes.
Care of Students
Premier Dance School is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 are to remain in the building during classes. Students are not to be left at the School for excessive time before or after class.
Any questions regarding cancellations due to weather or studio availability can be directed through our website or by phone (860)232-2990. Canceled classes will be made up during the school year or at the end of the season. The School reserves the right to cancel a class because of insufficient enrollment at any time during the course of the academic year. Minimum enrollment required for an official class is six students.
Rules of conduct
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful to fellow students and their instructors.
- Students should not enter a studio until the previous class has left.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the school.
- If you are late, wait at the door for the teacher to acknowledge you. You may be asked to observe the class at the teacher’s discretion.
- It is expected that all students maintain the school dress code.
- No talking is permitted in class without permission.
- Students are not permitted to leave class to drink. Plastic water bottles are allowed.
- Use the restroom before class. Students may only leave class in the case of an emergency at the discretion of the teacher.
- If you are observing, sit politely at the front of the class and do not distract the other students.
- Upon entering our school, or during the course of the year all students must inform the faculty if they are taking dance classes elsewhere or plan to do so. We reserve the right to restrict students from participating in classes at other schools if such activity has the potential to conflict with our schedule or method of teaching.
Observation of Classes
Guests are not permitted in the classroom while a class is in session. However, parents and guests may observe classes during the time specified on the yearly calendar. Please, refrain from bringing small children and to remain for the full class period.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on School property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time and performances.
The Value of Open Dialogue
If parents or students have any concerns, we are most interested in learning about them. Please make a point to bring them up with us. Your needs are important to us. Also, if you have any suggestions, we would like to hear about them. An objective perspective, from the outside looking in, is often valuable and we would like to hear what you are thinking about.